Advertise Here

Advertise Here
Get Your Brand Noticed Now

flashing ad banner top

Thursday, May 18, 2017

What was my Sunday like @TWComicon? I have seen heroes, villains, cosplay gallore, the Batmobile and wrestling legend Jim Hacksaw Dugan!





My fourth Comicon was this Sunday as myself and my brother from another mother, #MrOW Cool V invaded the Virginia Beach Convention Center. Showing our email and registering with check-in we collected our press passes with Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy's Baby Groot (definitely go see Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, you will love it---SEE THE REVIEW HERE AT IGN) and we proceeded to take pics of cosplayers and check out spectacular artists and writers both local and international. During my first and second time at Tidewater Comicon, I would normally go on Saturdays but this was the first time I went on a Sunday. I have to say that going either on Saturdays or Sundays are both great days to go.



With my two previous Tidewater Comicon and one Hampton Comicon visits, a lot of cosplayers dressed up as either Harley Quinn, Spiderman or Deadpool. Thanks to the success of Fox and Marvel's Deadpool. SEE: JOSH BROSLIN CAST TO PLAY CABLE IN DEADPOOL 2. The Suicide Movie version of Harley Quinn played by Margot Robbie got more love over the traditional Batman: The Animated Series' Harley. Whether or not fans are anticipating Marvel and Sony's Spiderman: Homecoming. Spidey cosplayers are always bound to be seen at any Virginia Comicon. Also you had very unique cosplayer's spins on costumes like Iron Deadpool, American Spider, Cosmic Male Spider Gwen (or maybe I should call him Spider-Rasta).





Celebrity guests featured the original 90's TV The Flash and playing Jay Garrick "Flash" on CW's The Flash- John Wesley Shipp & Jesse Quick played by Violet Beane, Jason Mewes, Wolverine and X-Men writer Chris Claremont, Neal Adams, co-creator of the New Mutants: Bob McCleod, artist Jae Lee, comedian Dana Snyder, Robert Venditti, Larry Stroman, wrestling legend Hacksaw Jim Duggan, and more.







It was an awesome event, I thank Tidewater Comicon for having us as attendees and giving us press passes. I thank all the cosplays that let us take pics and the artists as well especially big shouts to our boy Jabaar Brown and Eric M. Cooper and also Hacksaw Jim Duggan. Make sure you also check out Cool V's blog on Comicon coming up next.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Traffic Builder