Advertise Here

Advertise Here
Get Your Brand Noticed Now

flashing ad banner top

Monday, October 30, 2017

Where in Virginia, can you see #PennyWise, #RickandMorty, #Spiderman & #Batman all in one place...?





Alright so where can you find all of these characters and also character cosplayers from all your favorite cartoons, comics, video games and horror movies before Halloween you ask? Okay, the answer is Hampton Comicon 2017. With three or four times the turnout of the original Hampton Comicon which the city of Hampton had for the time last year in 2016 brought by the same people who are behind VA Beach's Tidewater Comicon. The event was held at the Hampton Roads Convention Center on Saturday, October 21st.

Last year, I ended up noticing on Instagram and also being nearby while running some errands with my friend's nephew that this event was going on. We decided to go check it out and I found out the tickets were only $10 so what turned into a just only taking pictures outside of the Hampton Roads Convention Center turned into further curiosity as I paid for our tickets and walked around checking out all of the cool cosplayers and comic book writers and graphic artists. This year, I got to get a little insider perspective as I worked as a volunteer and my breaks consisted of eating a lunch I had packed and also walking around the event.



I used my phone to scan QR codes on phones, tablets and laptops and also collect paper tickets from people dressed as Superman, Catwoman, Wonder Woman, Harley Quinn, Robin, The Joker, Rick and Morty, Spiderman, Star Wars, Star Trek and anyone from pop culture such as comic book characters, video game characters, movie characters and so forth.

Notable guests included artist of Marvel's X-Factor, Alien Legion & Tribe- Larry Stroman, artist Chris Giarusso, artist and colorist Tim Shinn, colorist Mark Roberts, guest cosplayer Viva Valentina, comic writer Brian Smith, artist Sam Ellis, artist Bill McKay, charitable Star Wars cosplay group- the 501st Legion, artist Tu-Kwon Thomas and comic artist, writers and creaters Rob Farinholt, Paul Gori, and more.



For more check out HERE AT HAMPTON COMICON






Make sure you hit the subscribe to Orrion Online. Thank you, I want to give credit for I did not record this video so I want to make sure they get love too.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Traffic Builder